- What makes this particular genre you are involved in so special?
It comes from different emotions and it’s more than just one genre.
2. What works best for you: Typewriters, fountain pen, dictate, computer or longhand?
Pencil, when planning and computer when writing
3. What inspires you to write?
The love of a good juicy story
4. Do you think writers have a normal life like others?
Normal?? What’s normal anymore?
5. Do you set a plot or prefer going wherever an idea takes you?
I go with whatever comes to mind that sounds good.
6. What, according to you, is the hardest thing about writing?
Putting the ideas on paper and getting started. After a good start, everything just seems to flow together.
7. Have you ever experienced “Writer’s Block”? How long do they usually last?
Yes, I am currently experiencing it and it sucks. I started my newest novel last summer and I’m still in the first chapter.
8. Any tips you would like to share to overcome it?
When I figure it out I will let you know.
9. Do you proofread and edit your work on your own or pay someone to do it for you?
I proofread and edit my own stuff first and then I have someone else look over it.
10. What is the most important thing about a book in your opinion?
The story itself, without a good story there is no good book.
11. Have you ever designed your own book cover?
Yes, I have designed all my book covers except for one.
12. Do you believe a book cover plays an important role in the selling process?
Yes, most of the time people who see a book with an uninteresting cover automatically seem to think that the book will be boring. That is why I go by the saying “Never judge a book by its cover.”
13. Do you attend literary lunches or events?
Yes, I try to do a few book signings/meet and greets a year.
14. How much of yourself do you put into your books?
I try to always base a small character off of myself and feelings.
15. How do you see writing? As a hobby or a passion?
Writing is my passion, I have always wanted to be a big-time writer since I was in third grade because I love to read and I wanted to offer people my ideas.
16. Do you enjoy book signings?
I absolutely love them because I enjoy meeting new people.
17. Have any of your books been adapted into a feature film?
My first one is currently in progress, we have had a small delay due to funding but it will happen in the future.
18. Which of your books took you the most time to write?
The Everlasting Love because I started it during my junior year of high school and finished it the summer of my senior year and had to rewrite it from scratch because the flash drive I had it on got stolen while I was in college.
19. What’s a fun fact about you?
Besides writing, I also love to sing and watching my all time favorite cartoon Scooby Doo with my little girl. Nothing will ever be better the original Scooby Doo.
20. If you could be any character in any book who would you be?
Hmm, this is a tough question but I think I would be Clary or Izzy from The Mortal Instruments series because I am into that kind of stuff and I also think Jace based on the book description is hot.