- How important is research to you when writing a book? I believe doing research is very important because your readers are intelligent people. They will know when something isn’t authenic. So it is important to get the facts straight.
- What works best for you: Typewriters, fountain pen,dictate,computer or longhand?At the beginning I prefer longhand. Then I transfer to the computer.
- When did it dawn upon you that you wanted to be a writer?Well this may sound strange, but I had no attention of becoming a writer until I heard the voive of God. And it said write a book.
- Do you have a set schedule for writing, or are you one of those who writeonly when they feel inspired?No, I do not have a set schedule. But my best time to write is early morning. I love the peaceful and quiet setting it brings.
- How hard was it to sit down and actually start writing something?For me it was’nt hard at all. And that was surprising since I had no intention of writing at all. So it confirmed my theory that my gift of writing came from God.
- Do you think writers have a normal life like others?No I don’t. I know for me I have to be ready to write down an idea at the drop of a hat. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night with an idea.
- Do you set a plot or prefer going wherever an idea takes you?
I prefer to go wherever my chracters takes me.
8) Have you ever experience “Writer’s Block”? How long do they last?
Yes, I have had writer’s block. And the way I dissolve it by not writing for a few days.
9) Do you read much and if so who are your favorite authors?
Yes I do and my favorite authors are Kimberla Lawson Roby, James
Patterson, Eric Jerome Dickey.
10) Over the years, what would you say has improved significantly in your writing?
What has improved for me is my writing style. I found my voice which is extremely important for any author to accomplish.
- Any advice you would like to give to your younger self?Yes, my advice to me would have been to have learned more about the publishing world and the difficulties a new author would face.
- Do you proofread and edit your work or pay someone to doit for you? My publisher does that for me and I am grateful. This is a very important part of writing.
- What is the most important thing about a book in your opionion?The most important thing about a book is how well edited it is. A poorly edited book is a career killer to an author.
14) Do you attend literary lunches and events?
I try to attend a few that’s in my area.
15)Do you believe a book cover plays a important role in the selling Process?Yes it is very important because it catches the readers eye if it is attractive. Some people buys the book just because they like the cover.
16) Does a bad review affect your writing?
Now this is a tricky question. Yes in one way it does because every author doesn’t want a bad review. So it will hurt your feelings to get one. But on the other hand it can help an author by giving them the nudge to take a deeper look at their writing. Maybe there are some areas that could be improved.
17)How would feel if no one showed up at your book signing?
Well, that almost happened to me early on. If it wasn’t for my husband and children I would have had no one.
18)Have you ever designed your own book cover?No I haven’t. My publisher does my designs.
19) Do you read any of your own work? My first book I did. Not the rest.
20) Do your novel carry a message? Yes, Even though I write to entertain,
I also strive to educate. So my novels shines a light on mental illness, domestic abuse, low self-esteem, infidelity and other topics that are happening in today’s world.