Kathleen Rowland writes steamy romantic suspense and has a series going with Tirgearr Publishing in Ireland.
1) In the Donahue Cousins series, I read book two, Unholy Alliance – and it did well as a standalone. How many books are you planning for this series?
Two more books are planned for the series. Bittersweet Alliance Is my work-in-progress, and will be followed by Reckless Alliance.
2) Do you read your reviews on your books? Do they influence your story at all?
Yes, I do read reviews. Many authors don’t, but I’m interested in what reviewers have to say. I always thank them for the time they took to read and review my book. Sometimes a criticism is actually a compliment, such as, “I wish this book were longer.”
3) What is coming up next for readers?
Bittersweet Alliance takes place in Hawaii. A serial killer adds an acquaintance of Jolene Kualoha to the list of victims. The FBI calls in vigilante detective, Donahue, to consult. (Jolene flew a helicopter for the FBI and dated Danker Donahue in Unholy Alliance.) Six years have passed since she survived their break-up and scars run deep. Jolene returned to her hometown on Kona in an attempt to begin to put her life back together and care for her sick mother. But home doesn’t provide the comfort she expected.
4) Do you have a street team, or review team to get your books started when they first release?
No, I don’t have a street team. I email reviewers to ask if they’re interested. I get reviewed on Goodreads for a new release.
5) What are your favorite genres to read right now? Who are some of your favorite authors? Do you like to read books that are part of series?
I enjoy reading romantic suspense and do enjoy books that are part of a series. I read every book in Barbara Parker’s Suspicion series, Kristen Ashley’s Chaos series, and Susan Sey’s humorous Blake Brothers novels. Other than romantic suspense, I gravitate toward mystery with romance intersperced.
6) What do you like to do when you aren’t writing?
My mother told me that one of my first words was outdoors. I swim laps outdoors, of course, walk the dogs, garden, and cook. My favorite type of cooking is barbequing, and a specialty is lemon-veggie foil packs.
7) Have you been to any book signings or conventions? Have you done an online release party or plan to in the near future?
I often attend Romance Writers of America conventions and some smaller writers’ conventions. Now and then I read and sign books at The Ripped Bodice in Los Angeles, smaller book stores in Southern California, and at my community center in Irvine, California. My release parties consist of online book tours.
8) What would you like to say to fans, and where can they follow you?
I thank them for reading my books. My twitter handle is RowlandKathleen, and if anyone follows me, I always follow back. I put out a quarterly newsletter with insights behind my writing and special deals on books. My most recent topic was bringing villains to life and giving them motivations for the evil they do.
To sign up for my newsletter, please click on this: http://eepurl.com/b2QOxT